- After youve chosen your attendants, you have yet another decision to make:
buying the attendants' gifts.
- Tradition dictates that bridesmaids should receive similar gifts, as should the
groomsmen/ushers, although special gifts are sometimes given to the best man and maid of
honor. Similar need not mean exact.
- There are many gifts from which to choose. Many companies that carry bridal
accessories also carry gifts appropriate for your attendants. (Click
here to go that category on our Links page.)
- Some traditional suggestions are wallets, pen and pencil sets, belt buckles, pewter mugs
and silver key rings for men; chains, necklaces, disc charms and silver bangle bracelets
- More contemporary gifts might include exotic plants, recreational accessories or
handmade (preferably by the bride and/or groom) crafts.
- Some couples prefer to pay for the rental or purchase of all clothing and related items
their attendants will wear.
- You may want to get them something that can be engraved to make the gift even more
- A gift is a meaningful token of appreciation. It says "thank you" for
sharing, celebrating and attending the most joyous ceremony a man and woman will ever plan
together. After many years have passed, the attendants can look back at the wedding
and smile, proudly remembering the contributions that helped make the wedding a success.