- Always take a friend with you to help you cover all of the
show and to act as your second opinion. Plus, youll need someone to help you
carry all the stuff youll collect.
- Dress casually and wear comfortable shoes; youre
going to do a lot of walking.
- When attending a bridal show, make sure you allow enough
time to talk with the exhibitors, enjoy the wedding fashion show, attend seminars, and
- Have questions ready. Take a pen and paper along for
notes. You have an entire day of planning ahead of youmake the best of it!
It will be a big help with your wedding planning.
- Check the time of the wedding fashion show when you arrive.
You dont want to miss that. Its the highlight of the day.
Have a pen handy in case you see your dream wedding gown. Youll want to note
at least a quick description and the store its from.
- First, go to any vendors that are handing out their
information in bags. Itll make carrying all the stuff you collect much easier.
(Consider taking your own light-weight grocery-style bag with you to carry the
material, in case you dont find the vendor handing out the bags right away.)
- Take anything that is handed out or offered to you, even if
youre not sure if its something youre interested in right now. You
might decide in the future to include it and you'll have information readily available.
- Take address labels with you printed with your name,
address, phone number and wedding date. Youll be surprised how much writing
this will save you at the show. (Some shows even provide preprinted labels with
advance registration. Check when you register in advance.)
- Take a clipboard with you for a stable writing
surfacebetter than your friends back or balanced on your hand.
- Talk to others attending the show. Other brides-to-be
are a great source of ideas, advice, and camaraderie.
- Enter every contest that you can. Its very
common for lots of prizes to be given away. And youve got as much chance of
winning as anyone else who is there. Who knowsyou might even win a honeymoon
or your gown!
- When the show is over, take your bridal show buddy out to
lunch, dinner or at the very least, for coffee at Starbucks.